FORUMS: list search recent posts

If I change the 'reel' field data on RED prores proxies, does it affect my ability to relink using xmls and clipfinder for the online edit?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy See
If I change the 'reel' field data on RED prores proxies, does it affect my ability to relink using xmls and clipfinder for the online edit?
on Oct 15, 2012 at 8:53:42 am

Hi,

I'll do my best to be descriptive but I may be confusing myself a bit so please bear with me. I want to enter reel data in to prores 422 proxy files created from 4k RED epic footage. Currently there isn't any data in there at all which is strange, and as far as I know this shouldn't have happened as I thought RedCineX would have preserved this kind of metadata. I can't verify all settings selected during the transcoding as I did not perform the transcodes myself, but know that they were created using RedCineX. I am cutting on Final Cut Pro 7.

My question is twofold:

1. The first one relates to a message which pops up when I try to enter reel data, "changing timecode data will modify the file on disk. Do you wish to continue?". I hadn't thought of this, I guess I was just thinking the fields were Final Cut specific but it makes sense they aren't since they're read straight from the files where the metadata already exists, the problem now is though, my workflow uses clipfinder to read and generate XML's from RedCineX and clipfinder to conform my timeline to the original red media. I wonder if changing any of the metadata will affect the ability for clipfinder to find and match the proxy clips to their original red files?

My guess is it should be fine because I think clipfinder only finds the files by the same name, but I don't want to go affecting the files permanently only to cause huge problems for myself later down the line.

2. My second question is. If I can change the reel field, how do I change it enmasse for multiple clips at a time? It's way too time consuming to enter the reel for each and every clip.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]