FORUMS: list search recent posts

Do I need Encore CS6 to author Blu-ray videos with good menus?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Holmes
Do I need Encore CS6 to author Blu-ray videos with good menus?
on Oct 14, 2012 at 9:35:31 pm

I could post this in an Adobe forum, but I am looking for un-biased views from FCP X users. I am starting to make more Blu-ray videos of live band performances. Earlier, most of my movies went to the Internet. Now I am making Blu-ray videos of every performance, since it is an easier product for club owners to quickly view. Each song is an individual video, so a Blu-ray may include 30 different videos.

I am finding Toast Titanium very limited on menus. I have been told at the Apple forums that the only good option is to buy Premiere Pro CS6 so I can get Encore CS6. I was told the recommended path is:
Export each song from FCP X as Pro Res 422, use Compressor to convert to H.264, import H.264 into Encore for authoring Blu-ray.

Do you agree that Encore is my best option for getting sophisticated menus?

BTW, I have looked at the Encore tutorial here
http://www.precomposed.com/tutorials/products/pro_motion_menu_kits/
and it doesn't look difficult to use.
...................................................................................................
2010 Mac Pro quad core, OS 10.8.1, FCP X, DaVinci Resolve, Pro Tools HD Native.

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Do I need Encore CS6 to author Blu-ray videos with good menus?
on Oct 15, 2012 at 10:40:24 am

I needed a similar BluRay option to you although only needed menus for 3 or 4 choices.
I tried Toast and had quite a few issues burning disks so gave up with that.
I bought CS5.5 a while ago now and Encore has been fine for my needs.
I am reasonably proficient with DVD Studio Pro and found I could apply much of what I knew to Encore.
I use a Samsung SE 506 external drive to burn my disks which has been great. Its cheap to buy and works well, not the fastest out there but for the money a great little drive.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]