kent gunnufson
out of memory error making QT movie in FCP 5
on Oct 12, 2012 at 8:59:57 pm

Final Cut Pro 5.0.4
DVD Studio Pro 4.0.3
Space on system disk, 893 GB
Space on scratch disk 65 GB
Mac OS X ver. 10.4.11

I’ve been trying to create a QuickTime movie file from my FCP 5.0.4 with current settings and make independent file checked but not re-rendering every frame. I’ve even made larger movies from this file w/o a problem before now, but now get an out of memory error at about 64% through. Nothing in the timeline in that area that I can see causes a problem. I even loaded another install of final cut onto a separate sectioned off partition with its own MAC operating system and also from a safe system boot but still get the error, but at 80% through. Then I went into the rendering manager and deleted most of noncurrent render files for more space. Next time I ran the make movie for the second operating system and FCP the error came up immediately.

I can’t load this up on the latest version because FCPX won’t accept it even if I had it. Can you suggest some way I might be able to get my movie file made and not loose several years work?

Kent

Return to posts index

Sandeep Sajeev
Re: out of memory error making QT movie in FCP 5
on Oct 13, 2012 at 6:57:34 pm

Try the following:

- trash Preferences
- Restart Machine
- close all open Bins and Timelines apart from the Project Bin and the Sequence you want to export from.
- Minimize your Timeline view to Small or Reduced (whichever one is the smallest, I've forgotten) and turn off Audio Waveforms.

Another option is to copy just the Sequence to a new Project, close the old Project and try to Export the Sequence.

I find on Projects with massive amounts of data that the second option usually works.

Obviously close all other applications and make us it's just FCP that's running.

Hope this works for you,
Best,
Sandeep.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]