FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cinema Tools changes audio rate to 19219Hz

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ciaran Heurteau
Cinema Tools changes audio rate to 19219Hz
on Oct 11, 2012 at 6:56:01 pm

Hi,

I've shot at 59.94 fps and used cinema tools to conform it to 24p. The audio rate is then changed to 19219Hz!!! :-(! and ONLY on this particular clip the other ones stay at 48KHz! it's an interview so need to the audio.

I then experience problems syncing using plural eyes, I suppose the audio rate has to do something with that. Am i doing anything wrong or un/ticked a box I should have?

Let me know as this is slightly bothering me! Oh and I'm using a Canon 7D, latest firmware, and zoom H4N set on 48KHz as external mic.

Cheers,

Ciarán

Return to posts index

Ciaran Heurteau
Re: Cinema Tools changes audio rate to 19219Hz
on Oct 11, 2012 at 7:11:23 pm

Actually it's on all the clips it changes to 19219Hz, I was looking at the wrong project.

Ciarán

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Oct 11, 2012 at 8:19:28 pm

Cinema tools rewrites the file header to flag the frame rate as 24. So your video is playing back as a slo mo. The audio is also playing back slowly so you will not sync it to an external recording.

Cinema tools is a destructive change so it is best to use a copy of the QuickTime file not a camera original.

Return to posts index

Ciaran Heurteau
on Oct 11, 2012 at 8:33:33 pm

I first imported it using log and transfer, so the quicktime movie is not the original as such.

It's strange as it did not resample the audio rate on previous projects, and was able to sync, some problems now and again, but it was sorted in the end.

What I did previously is nothing different, imported 59.97fps footage, conformed it to 24fps, sped it up to 250%, put in my audio from H4N, use pluraleyes to sync and there it was.

No audio resampling to 19.21KHz.... the good thing is that I still have the original and have been playing around with copies to see if anything changes but nothing so far.

I've recently changed the firmware of the 7D and I was thinking it could be that, since I put the manual audio switch, but that has got nothing to do with, at least to my knowledge. The original is at 48KHz so is the imported one...

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Oct 11, 2012 at 8:55:47 pm

You could use Compressor instead of Cinema Tools plus vari speed to make 24 frame clips with audio set to pass through. That way you will have proper clips without vari speed and audio at the right sample rate.

I am surprised that Pluraleyes worked at all with vari speed clips.

Return to posts index

Ciaran Heurteau
on Oct 11, 2012 at 8:56:53 pm

My bad, it did resample on previous project never actually paid that much attention to it as I rarely did interviews, if any, just voice over.

Anyway, I just used mpegstreamclip to conform my movie to 24 and specified 48KHz audio rate and the sync worked. I don't know if there's other solution but that one worked for me...

Ciaran

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Oct 11, 2012 at 10:03:03 pm

Compressor may do a better job of converting. Using frame controls it can look better but it will be slower.

MPEGStreamclip is fast but doesn't have the finesse and control.

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Oct 12, 2012 at 4:12:10 pm

Why are you conforming this footage at all? It sounds like from this:

imported 59.97fps footage, conformed it to 24fps, sped it up to 250%

you are doing a bunch of messing around with the original footage for no reason. You shot 59.94p, and you want to sync sound? Leave it alone at 59.94p. I don't understand why you would shoot, conform to slo-mo, then speed back up to normal. It makes no sense.

Return to posts index

Ciaran Heurteau
on Oct 12, 2012 at 4:50:44 pm

I know! Just my whole sequence is at 24fps, and before doi g the intw I did some action shots at 60p and didn't switch it back to 24p before doing the intw.

Or can I just drop 60p footage on my 24fps sequence never thought about it as I never tried/thought about it before. Wouldn't think it would work to well during the final export...

Thanks for the help ;-)!

Knowing me am probably complicatting myself for nothing... :)!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]