FORUMS: list search recent posts

a way to find multi-clips on a timeline?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blase Theodore
a way to find multi-clips on a timeline?
on Oct 11, 2012 at 5:56:59 pm

Does anyone know of a way to find multi-clips on a timeline? (Other than just clicking on them individually?)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: a way to find multi-clips on a timeline?
on Oct 11, 2012 at 8:37:30 pm

There is no way. Why?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Oct 12, 2012 at 9:06:52 pm

Well, if the name contains the word Multiclip, you could select the sequence open in the timeline, and find the multiclips that way.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Blase Theodore
on Oct 12, 2012 at 9:20:26 pm

Ok thanks anyway guys.

(You can't do a find for them, I tried. FCP appends "_sync" to the filename, but it doesn't see it in search results.)

The problem is that multi-clip timecode gets screwy when exporting XML's from FCP, which is problematic when you're trying to online a job from FCP to something like Davinci.

Additionally, the "collapse" multiclip function is basically worthless, because there's no way to do it permanantly. (The ability to uncollapse at any time means FCP is really just hiding it from you.)

Which means I have to find those clips by hand, and matchframe their replacement by hand.

Bummer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]