FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Manager messing with Audio tracks!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sharol Stewart
Media Manager messing with Audio tracks!!
on Oct 11, 2012 at 1:03:46 am

Hi there,

I am having the most frustrating issue with Media Manager. I am using FCP 7 on a 3.1 GHz Core i5 iMac. We are working with an XDCAM EX 1080p 24 timeline, all media is the same format.

I am the assistant editor on a television show and we are entering the picture lock stage. I receive the FCP files from the editor, I reconnect all the media, render, watch the project through after which I need to Media Manage the project to a separate drive to give to a 3rd editor to do the Colour Correction, supers, etc.

The problem comes in once we open the Media Managed timeline. It seems that the video is ok but at seemingly random spots on the timeline, the audio drops out. Not as in a glitch but it appears as a physical edit on the clips, it looks intentional (but it's not) there's the little pen dots in the middle of the clip and the audio is dipped to the very bottom. Weird thing is, if you raise it to match the rest of the clip, the audio is there. The video appears to be unaffected, it's all in sync before, during and after these weird occurrences.

We have tried opening it up on different computers and even tried recompressing everything to Apple ProRes but we keep getting the same problem.

Any ideas?!?!

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Jim Milne
Re: Media Manager messing with Audio tracks!!
on Nov 8, 2012 at 12:47:31 am

Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem. I'm experiencing the same issue with Media Manager dropping some audio tracks and changing some audio key frames.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Sharol Stewart
on Nov 13, 2012 at 2:46:56 pm

Unfortunately we haven't found a reason or solution to this problem. We had to settle for a band aid/work around solution to meet our network deadlines which unfortunately means more work for our audio department.

Return to posts index

Jim Milne
on Nov 13, 2012 at 3:27:34 pm

I haven't been able to determine why it is occurring either but after a lot of experimentation my temporary work-around is deselecting the "Delete unused media from duplicated item" option. It obviously creates a larger media managed file and I'm not sure why it works but so far it seems to correct the dropped audio levels issue and the problem of the shifting audio key frames. Reducing the size of the project is definitely an advantage of media manager but for what I'm doing I can live with the larger file to eliminate the erratic audio conditions that media manager was creating. It was either that or copying and pasting the audio attributes for every audio clip. If you have a chance I would appreciate hearing what your work-around is.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]