FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting a looped movie

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Turlick
Exporting a looped movie
on Oct 10, 2012 at 8:27:03 pm

Hello-

I'm trying to export a QT that will loop on playback when not being played via QT player. I'm putting a movie on a USB thumb drive and plugging that into an LG monitor. The monitor software does have a "repeat" function but it unfortunately needs to reload the file so a graphic come up saying "reloading" and then a player menu appears for a couple of seconds. I need it to be a clean, seamless repeat like the loop playback function in FCP. Tried to poke around Compressor but couldn't figure it out there either.

Any thoughts?

TIA-
Paul

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Exporting a looped movie
on Oct 10, 2012 at 8:53:07 pm

The issue is how the monitor does a loop. How long does the playback need to loop? All day?

You can make the loop by repeating in FCP and making a long QT file. An alternative might be to have two copies of the same file and have the monitor play each version alternatively.

Without knowing how the monitor handles a playlist it is hard to known the best way to overcome its display limitations.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Exporting a looped movie
on Oct 10, 2012 at 9:02:23 pm

You are better off getting some type of playback device. USB thumb drive should be your very last resort. It is slow and will not yield good playback.
There are so many options. Computer, DVD, Apple TV, KiPro, Blackmagic Hyperdeck, DV Camera, Atomos Ninja and list goes on including digital signage devices.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]