FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mountain Lion upgrade won't let me export from FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Herb Sevush
Mountain Lion upgrade won't let me export from FCP
on Oct 10, 2012 at 2:31:29 pm

Just upgraded from Snow Leopard 10.6.8 to latest Mountain Lion on my Mac Pro. Things seemed to be working in FCP till I tried exporting from the timeline - kept getting an "error 34" message and just a tiny dummy file. Timeline is ProRes 422, 720P60. Tried exporting as movie, then tried using quicktime conversion - same deal in either case - no export. I'm now back to my normal Snow Leopard drive but I'd like to move on to Mountain Lion - any ideas?

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
Ooooopppps - never mind
on Oct 10, 2012 at 2:37:04 pm

Just realized that there was a zero duration that had been set for the timeline by mistake - cleared it and it's all good. Just a little "upgrade paranoia."

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Ooooopppps - never mind
on Oct 10, 2012 at 3:33:29 pm

[Herb Sevush] " Just a little "upgrade paranoia.""

Just a little. Yeesh.

Did you do an "overlay" upgrade or a "clear the decks, build from scratch, reinstall everything" upgrade?

Personally, I cringe when I think of all the time that would take plus re-downloading all the software versions to get back to status quo.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
Re: Ooooopppps - never mind
on Oct 10, 2012 at 3:54:16 pm

[Joseph Owens] "Did you do an "overlay" upgrade or a "clear the decks, build from scratch, reinstall everything" upgrade?"

I did an overlay, and am now reaping the benefits of my sloth, as my OS drives, both old and new, are locking me out and refusing to accept my password and the Snow Leopard start up disk that I could use to re-boot was loaned out to my stepson and is apparently in the mail on it's way back to me sometime this week. A perfect storm of stupidity on my part. I hate computers.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]