on Oct 9, 2012 at 9:54:17 pm

Camera used:
JVC GY-HD110u

Footage handed to me
hdv-sd60p

Codec told to use after reading the Apple forums
HDV Apple Intermediate Codec 1080i60

Result...
Proper looking aspect ratio on the V1 time line, but I have to render out 1 video track because it's got the Red Line

Where have I gone wrong (Besides taking this tape to edit)?

Thanks for any edumakaytion,
Vinnie

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: JVC GY-HD110u hdv-sd60p Apple Intermediate Codec Red Line
on Oct 9, 2012 at 11:12:21 pm

HDV is not Apple Intermediate Codec.

HDV is not standard def so I don't understand what you had been handed.

Best be this to capture as HDV from tape and edit in an HDV timeline with the render set to ProRes. Don't use AIC. It is an awful old codec

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
on Oct 15, 2012 at 4:01:26 pm

It says HDV-Apple Intermediate Codec 1080i60 in the drop down menu under the easy set up.

Reading your response (thank you) - Switched from HDV-AIC60i to HDV60p in capture mode.

I tried several variations.

Tried with HDV selected in the format drop down window, and (all formats) selected both times:

HDV 1080i60 Firewire basic (same thing)
HDV 1080i60 (same thing)
HDV 720p60 (same thing)

Every form of HDV listed under the "Easy Set Up" drop down menu that had 60 under it I used, and every time I noticed it shoved the format down to 720x480. And the picture was elongated vertically.

In capture preview mode and during capture, the aspect ratio looks like it should. But once the clip is in the time line it stretches in both viewers, and I get the red line every time.

I looked at the guys camera settings and they were set to HDV-SD60P for sure.

Only thing I can think of is to capture in one of those HDV 60 modes, and just stretch it to fit the window, preparing myself to wait for long render times I guess. Unless somebody else has another suggestion.

Vinnie
---
24, LOST, Prison Break, FRINGE, Supernatural, DEXTER, Breaking Bad, CHUCK, Flash Forward, HEROES...even SMALLVILLE in the latter seasons.. they've all ruined my movie going experience by being better than so many movies out today.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Oct 15, 2012 at 9:55:22 pm

The camera is either downconverting to SD (standard def) or it was shot as standard def. If it was shot as SD then it is DV codec not HDV.

Check that the camera is correctly set. Not sure of how the menus work with the JVC as I have mostly used Sony or Canon HDV cameras. When you play a tape it should show in the viewfinder if it is HDV or DV.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]