FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor not decoding avi audio file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Strac
Compressor not decoding avi audio file
on Oct 9, 2012 at 9:22:31 pm

I have MacPro 16 core, 36gb ram with four boot drive on it with Final Cut Studio 1,2,3,&X on each. 2,3 & X have mountain lion and my FCS 1 boot has leopard. In my FCS 3 and X boot drive I loaded perian and flip for mac studio into it because I have to burn avi files sometimes for work.

Using compressor 3.5.3 I drop in avi file to encode for dvd and video is no problem but audio does not come out. With compressor 4 same process but audio works. Both are spec'ed the same.

I installed Divx pro codec pack and on both boot drives will not play any of the avi file audio with quicktime even with the programs all installed that should make it work.

Obviously answer to my problem is using compressor 4 to encode but with certain larger files it doesn't transcode the audio for ac3 dvd.

I don't know what the problem is. Of course I use vlc to play the files on each drive and works. But only with larger file avi compressor 4 doesn't work.

All around I want to get compressor 3 to do it because I edit mostly on FCS 3 drive unless I have to deal with outside prod house projects....I hate X.

I have to shut down boot up on x to encode with 4 because I have had issues with different versions of studio on same drive.

If anyone can suggest another codec pack or program to get compressor to transcode the audio I'll be very happy. or if you can suggest a different workflow with program other than what I'm using to just rip audio out to aiff so I can convert to ac3.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Compressor not decoding avi audio file
on Oct 9, 2012 at 9:31:08 pm

VLC might be able to rip the audio. Did you try dropping the AVI into FCP? You might be able to get the audio from FCP. Also freeware like Audacity might load the audio from your AVI.

What audio codec is used in the AVI?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]