FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro exporting issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kate Nawoyski
Final Cut Pro exporting issue
on Oct 9, 2012 at 9:15:01 pm

I edited a video in FCP7. It's 54:07, with about 15 minutes of footage shot on a Sony EX-1 (.mov files) and the rest of the footage are music videos that we receive from an outside production house... some are .mov some are .mp4. When I try to export using conversion as an MPEG4 for web streaming and for our server (to air on our tv station), I get a .mp4 and other files that have no file extension but have "av1" or "av2", etc. up to "av6". So, if I name the video "MSquared Episode 1" I'll get MSquared Episode 1.mp4, MSquared Episode 1 av1, MSquared Episode 1 av2, etc. When I attempt to play the .mp4 on a Mac, it plays. If I delete the other files that come with it, it does not play. The file does not play at all on a PC... any ideas of how to fix this? The SAME thing happens if I try to export as an .mov as well. I also tried sending it through compressor... the audio/video for the EX1 footage were not in sync and MOST (not all) of the music videos were. I need one file that I can then put into Media Encoder to get up on our station.

Any help/ideas are appreciated!

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Final Cut Pro exporting issue
on Oct 9, 2012 at 10:34:10 pm

It sounds like you are exporting to a PC formatted drive and it is creating spanned files.
This happens because of the file size limit on Fat 32 formatted drives. Check out the format of the drive.
If you export to a Mac formatted drive you should get a single file.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]