FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Schultz
Compressor question
on Oct 9, 2012 at 4:29:01 pm

I'm trying to change 25p clips to 24p in compressor. When I load the clip in and add the proRes codec, I click on the inspector tab. The weird thing is that sometimes I get completely different options in the Inspector tab, and I can figure out why. Sometimes I get the option to change the frame rate, and other times I can't seem to find it. (There are only 3 instead of 5 or so tabs in the Inspector window).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Dan S.

Return to posts index

Grant Strac
Re: Compressor question
on Oct 9, 2012 at 4:36:02 pm

What version of compressor are you using? 3 or 4? Also this is dumb question for me to ask but are you sure you're putting the same pro res option on when you get the different variable options? I did that once with hd footage and depending on what version of compressor could cause that. 3 has way more job compressions that 4.

I think that you might be using a different compression option or you could of clicked a gear wheel off or on.

If your using 3 you can pick the proper pro res preset setting for your proper output. With 4 you have to set it in the inspector.

To rule one thing out delete your studio preferences before you answer and try again this way we can rule that out all together if your having problem still

Return to posts index

Grant Strac
on Oct 9, 2012 at 4:36:28 pm

Also! What is your source footage specs? format, fps (even thought its redundant) frame size and codec please

Return to posts index

Jari Innanen
on Oct 9, 2012 at 4:50:43 pm

What the Inspector shows depends what you click: the Job or the Target.

Return to posts index

Grant Strac
on Oct 9, 2012 at 5:28:38 pm

Oh nice one Jari I never would of thought to ask that one

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Oct 9, 2012 at 8:21:10 pm

Once you get one right save your setting as a custom setting so that you can just drag and drop next time

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]