FORUMS: list search recent posts

Gopro Hero 2 Log & Transfer issues.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Burgess
Gopro Hero 2 Log & Transfer issues.
on Oct 9, 2012 at 3:48:11 am

I am aware I can not log and transfer footage from a Gopro Hero 2 without converting it to Apple ProRes 442.

I have converted the footage using MPEG Streamclip (Mac version), with 100% Quality.

Yet the converted file still can not be read through log & transfer. It comes up with the classic error message-

'WARNING: "STREAM" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media.'

The footage from a Canon 60D can be logged and transferred without an issue, so I know the feature is not corrupted on FCP.

I am using FCP 6.0.6

All the tutorials state that all I need to do is convert the Gopro file to Apple ProRes 442 and it will be fine for log & transfer. But for me it does not work.

One Gopro file is 417MB @3:51sec, the other 953MB @8:48sec.
I have not used Mpeg Streamclip to trim/edit I just used the program to convert the file.

The only difference I see is that the 60D is 442(HQ) and the converted Gopro is 442. But even according to the Gopro site it does not need to be (HQ) to read.

And yes I can import the unconverted Gopro file, but I really wanted to log & transfer it.

Is there a step/stage I am missing?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Gopro Hero 2 Log & Transfer issues.
on Oct 9, 2012 at 4:05:07 am

Once you convert it to ProREs, you don't Log and Transfer. You simply import...or drag into a project. Log and Transfer only works when you need to import from supported tapeless media. Once you convert the footage outside of FCP...just simply import it.

What site is telling you to convert it to ProRes, then Log and Transfer? That's silly.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]