FORUMS: list search recent posts

Removing flicker from TV ib Background of shot

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Herz
Removing flicker from TV ib Background of shot
on Oct 9, 2012 at 1:17:30 am

I am shooting an interview and I want to have a TV in the background with a company logo on it. When I did a test shot, there is flicker/roll in the TV screen. I tried shooting in variable frame rate...it's actually called "Extended Clear Scan" in my camera (Sony Z7u). Anyone know how to remove the flicker/roll in FCP 7? I tried "flicker filter" and de-interlace. I am recording in 1080i 30p (I don't think it;'s a true progressive format...the camera is 1080i HDV).
Another option I tried is putting the logo into the TV screen in post...but when I try to do this, I can't get the graphic to fit in the TV screen since it is angled. I tried applying a "Basic 3D" Filter to try and make it fit, but still doesn't look very good. Any suggestions for either method? Any better way to adjust the graphic in post to fit into the screen?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

Dan Herz
danherzproductions.com

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Removing flicker from TV ib Background of shot
on Oct 9, 2012 at 1:58:31 am

You need to "Corner Pin" the logo onto the TV screen. Use the distort tool to do this.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Dan Herz
Re: moving flicker from TV ib Background of shot
on Oct 9, 2012 at 2:20:23 am

Thanks for the response... I'm not really sure what corner pin means... or how to do it. Would you mind explaining the process in a little more detail?
Thanks

Dan Herz
danherzproductions.com

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: moving flicker from TV ib Background of shot
on Oct 9, 2012 at 2:06:40 pm

The FCP manual and Google can help.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Dan Herz
Re: Removing flicker from TV ib Background of shot
on Oct 10, 2012 at 4:21:56 pm

Steve, thanks again for the tip...I figured it out and it worked great! Wondering if there is a way to move the image using wireframe instead of typing in numeric changes.
Thanks,

Dan

Dan Herz
danherzproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]