FORUMS: list search recent posts

HUGE Problem installing FCP 7 -- Please HELP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Colosi
HUGE Problem installing FCP 7 -- Please HELP
on Oct 6, 2012 at 4:13:47 pm

I know that the people in this forum are ridiculously smart -- I REALLY need some help!

For the past six days I have been trying to install FCP 7. I had a version of Final Cut Studio 2 and I wanted to upgrade to FCP 3. So I put the install discs in and it automatically made me skip over installing FCP 7. I am attaching a screen shot below. You'll notice that for FCP is says "SKIP" under actions. I thought that this was due to an issue with Installer reading my old serial from FCS 2, because I never had to enter the serial number for FCS 3.

OK, so I downloaded FCS Remover and got rid of Final Cut Studio. I put in my install disc and I did have to enter the serial number. It went through fine BUT I got that SAME EXACT screen with FCP amid others being told to "skip." I do not have the option to change this.

Is there anyone else out there that can help me with this?
4771_fcp.png.zip

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: HUGE Problem installing FCP 7 -- Please
on Oct 6, 2012 at 5:31:14 pm

I haven't heard of this before. It might time to go thermonuclear on your hard drive and do a complete system wipe. You should backup any important mp3, documents, movies, etc. before proceeding.

*****This will completely format your hard drive and erase everything*****

(1) Restart machine using your install CD (hold down the "C" key on your keyboard until you see the Apple logo. This will force the machine to start from the disc.
(2) Once inside the installer launch Disk Utility
(3) From Disk Utility you can then format your boot drive
(4) Re-install OS
(5) Re-install apps
(6) Get back to work

This is a drastic step, but since you've been posting this same problem for days and seemingly have no resolution. This may be your only course of action.

Or visit and Apple store and take your chances with Genius Bar.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
vimeo.com/ryanholmes

Return to posts index

Richard Colosi
Re: HUGE Problem installing FCP 7 -- Please
on Oct 6, 2012 at 6:30:29 pm

Thanks Ryan,

I think this is a little too drastic. I have a backup saved through Time Machine. I'd much rather restore from that backup and live with FCP 6, as opposed to wiping everything. Most of my projects are saved in FCP 6, I was just trying to upgrade because I tried to take on a project that was saved in FCP 6.

I should also add that this is NOT as issue of a custom install. For whatever reason when I go through the installation process, it will not allow me to "check" Final Cut Pro.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]