FORUMS: list search recent posts

Message saying unknown codec?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Cates
Message saying unknown codec?
on Oct 5, 2012 at 11:36:35 pm

I've converted some of my own finished DV footage back to Prores, taken from a perviously completed DVD. I have it cut up in several pieces and placed it into a new sequence for editing. I started to do a render, but now I get this message:

"Codec not found. You may be using a compression type without the corresponding hardware card."

What does this mean? I converted all the footage back to ProRes from the DVD, as previously instructed.

The compressor setting on the timeline is set on Apple Pro Res - and unlimited RT and (or) nothing else is available to choose from - except for play base layer only, full quality, and use playback settings.

Don't know what to do....

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Message saying unknown codec?
on Oct 6, 2012 at 8:37:05 pm

[Jonny Cates] "I have it cut up in several pieces and placed it into a new sequence for editing. I started to do a render, but now I get this message:

"Codec not found. You may be using a compression type without the corresponding hardware card.""

If you haven't added any affects or transitions, you shouldn't have to render anything.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Jonny Cates
Re: Message saying unknown codec?
on Oct 6, 2012 at 9:17:25 pm

Yea Steve, I just figured that out. I decided I wanted a few a few transitions when this all started. However, I discovered that if you set the sequence setting to "NONE"...it will render. Thanks.

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]