FORUMS: list search recent posts

BIG GREEN BAR (when trying to export to m4v with compressor)???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alec Eagon
BIG GREEN BAR (when trying to export to m4v with compressor)???
on Oct 4, 2012 at 9:17:13 pm

Hey everyone,

I am getting a huge green bar across the center of the screen when I try to export an FCP ref file with compressor to h.264 for Apple Devices (which is an .m4v file).

I saw a previous thread that discussed this issue (http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1114363#1114363), but it seems like they just concluded in shutting off "Frame Controls." This is not an option for me as this must video must be exported at absolutely the top fidelity given the already imposed constraints of .m4v.

I've tried using Digital Rebellion's "Compressor Repair" to reset Compressor. After I did this I rebuilt my Local Cluster and tried to export again to the same avail (Frame Controls ON = Green Bar, Frame Controls OFF = Bar goes away).

If anyone has any ideas about how to troubleshoot this issue so I can export .m4v with frame controls ON, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
-Al

My System Specs:

FCP 6.0.6 // OSX 10.7.5 Lion
12-Core Mac Pro (2 x 2.66 Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon)
32 GB Memory

Return to posts index

Eric Strand
Re: BIG GREEN BAR (when trying to export to m4v with compressor)???
on Oct 4, 2012 at 9:31:37 pm

Is your source footage H.264?

Return to posts index

Alec Eagon
on Oct 4, 2012 at 9:36:17 pm

No, source footage is Apple Pro Res (HQ). Sorry forgot to list that.

Alec E.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Oct 4, 2012 at 10:25:24 pm

Are you exporting a QuickTime movie from FCP first (self contained, current settings)? If not then try that as exporting from the FCP timeline straight to Compressor may be taxing your system. It goes without saying that your timeline needs to be fully rendered.

Those green bars often indicate a graphics card unable to cope, particularly if you have fxplugins on shots.

Return to posts index

Alec Eagon
on Oct 4, 2012 at 10:38:43 pm

Won't that result in loss of quality compared to the "Frame-by-Frame" approach of Compressor?

Alec E.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]