FORUMS: list search recent posts

C300 - L&T issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elliot Beach
C300 - L&T issue
on Oct 4, 2012 at 12:36:41 pm

Hi there,

Recently shot some things on the Canon C300 which all transferred fine into FCP7 apart from one card.

If I try to log and transfer the contents of that card it says:

"CONTENTS" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media.

I'm guessing something went wrong when downloading the files from the CF and its not the complete card structure, but does anyone know how to fix this!?

All the files play fine individually through VLC player.

Thanks,
E

Elliot Beach @ 1911 Films
DP

Youtube.com/1911film
Vimeo.com/1911films

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: C300 - L&T issue
on Oct 4, 2012 at 1:20:50 pm

You can try Canon's standalone app called "Canon XF Utility." That may be able to read the card structure. I know it comes with the camera and I think you can download it from their site.

Or download the trial version of Adobe CS6. Premiere Pro and Prelude will deal with virtually any file format structure in tact or not.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
vimeo.com/ryanholmes

Return to posts index

Jeff Meyer
on Oct 5, 2012 at 1:58:45 am

I'll echo what Ryan says with Adobe Creative Suite. Premiere, After Effects and Media Encoder all take Canon XF/C series MXF files without any troubles.

You could turn the trial on, drop the MXF files into Media Encoder, and use that to convert to Apple ProRes. Set up your ProRes settings for a single clip based on the format you shot with, then save those settings as a preset. When you drop a second clip in it will take on the last unmodified preset from the previous clip.

I use Media Encoder for all my format conversions. It's multicore aware, so it's pretty fast. Unless you're using Quicktime components. Quicktime components to through Quicktime's 32 bit architecture.

Return to posts index

Elliot Beach
on Oct 5, 2012 at 11:40:03 am

Hi thanks for replies.

So can I use Adobe to transcode the files and then use them in FCP7?

E

DP

Youtube.com/1911film
Vimeo.com/1911films

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Oct 5, 2012 at 11:44:08 am

That's correct. You can transcode the files to Apple ProRes using Adobe Media Encoder (similar to Compressor).

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
vimeo.com/ryanholmes

Return to posts index

Elliot Beach
on Oct 5, 2012 at 11:54:20 am

I couldn't seem to make compressor read XML files and neither does MPEG Streamclip so I will download the Adobe encoder and and try with that.

Thanks a lot guys hopefully it should sort me out!

E

DP

Youtube.com/1911film
Vimeo.com/1911films

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]