FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help with reducing number of embedded audio tracks in clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Scholes
Help with reducing number of embedded audio tracks in clip
on Oct 4, 2012 at 9:57:41 am

Hi,

I'm cutting a sitcom and for a lot of the exterior scenes, as well as sending a stereo audio feed into the camera, the soundman is also recording sound onto an external recorder. These are separate WAV files which have usually 4-6 mono tracks, so that different mics can be isolated in the mix.

I'm finding it quite annoying to cut this, having so many audio tracks in the timeline i.e for each clip there will be the two stereo tracks for the video's audio, plus the five tracks or so from this file that i've synced up to the video and made new clips from. So if i'm overlapping two clips audio i'll potentially have 14 audio tracks for one edit point!

Anyone have any advice? The clip info in the Browser shows for instance four mono and one stereo for each clip, is there any way to just edit in the timeline with just the video (stereo) track, but when I export an OMF all the mono tracks will also be included in the export?

Does this make sense? Any help would be appreciated as i've not worked with these type of sound files before.

Thanks

If you aren't willing to change you shouldn't be editing" - Richard Marks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Assistance with reducing number of embedded audio tracks in clip
on Oct 4, 2012 at 5:19:56 pm

There's a little button that contains the label for each audio track: A1, A2, etc. When you click on the button, it breaks in two. Whdn you do this, no audio for that track will be added to the FCP edit timeline.

It should be just the thing you want.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]