FORUMS: list search recent posts

Different dimensions of videoclips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Divya Rao
Different dimensions of videoclips
on Oct 3, 2012 at 2:39:29 pm

I have different clips in different formats, like mov., MGEG4, avi and additionally in different dimensions:
720 x 576
960 x 540
1920 x 1080

I am working with Final Cut Pro 6 (PAL) and need some suggestions how to proceed with editing.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Different dimensions of videoclips
on Oct 3, 2012 at 5:54:23 pm

Convert everything to a common codec and frame size. ProRes 720x576, or 1920x1080. Or, 1280x720. Depends on what your final deliverable is.

Or, get Adobe Premiere Pro 6, as that will handle all of these formats natively without transcoding, in the same sequence

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Divya Rao
on Oct 3, 2012 at 6:58:21 pm

Ok, you suggest ProRes; Do you have any suggestion how to and with software to convert the clips?

Thank you very much for your help.

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
on Oct 4, 2012 at 5:15:36 am

Once you have determined the size that you wish to convert everything to, which as Shane says will depend on what you need to end up with, you can use Compressor to resize and convert to ProRes or you can use MPEG Streamclip which is a very useful little tool and a free download.

ProRes LT is probably a good starting point unless you have footage from something like a RED where you might want to look at the HQ option.

You just need to end up with a common frame size and frame rate.

If you dont have a specific delivery requirement I would choose whichever format you have most of as the basis to convert the rest to.
You will lose quality if you have to upres all the 720x576 to 1080 but should be fine the other way around.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

Divya Rao
on Oct 4, 2012 at 7:33:30 am

Thank you, yes the MPEG Stream clip, that is a useful link...I was actually searching for that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]