FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting OMFs from final cut and re-imoprting back as AIFF files, sync is not perfect!!?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esther Casas
Exporting OMFs from final cut and re-imoprting back as AIFF files, sync is not perfect!!?
on Oct 2, 2012 at 11:46:03 pm

Hello!

I need to deliver OMFs to my sound designer..in sync..

I exported OMFs which are around 1GB, from Final cut and imported them into Sountrack Pro in order to get an export (one single big file in AIFF) that I can bring into final cut to check that everything is on sync.

So I've done it and the sync is not perfect: I've taken a close look and I can't discern a pattern but when the clips are delayed it's by two or four frames. This isn't a drift issue as later clips will sync up fine.If I try to sync some segments of the whole clip, other segments get out of sync.

I export omfs without crossfades and 10 second handles. All my audio are AIFFs at 48KHZ.

Does anyone know how am I suppose to be exporting OMF and importing in soundtrack pro?
also, how do i export these OMFs back into final cut so i don't have a cync issue?
thanks!!!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Exporting OMFs from final cut and re-imoprting back as AIFF files, sync is not perfect!!?
on Oct 3, 2012 at 3:44:03 am

From FCP you can send directly to STP. Your two step workflow is more complicated and I don't know if STP has issues importing OMFs.

Return to posts index

Esther Casas
Re: Exporting OMFs from final cut and re-imoprting back as AIFF files, sync is not perfect!!?
on Oct 3, 2012 at 4:13:23 am

OH REALLY? and how do you send OMFs to STP? trying to find it..
thanks Michael!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Oct 3, 2012 at 4:20:13 am

In FCP you send to STP. Check the export drop down menu. Same as send to Color etc

Return to posts index

Esther Casas
on Oct 3, 2012 at 4:38:40 am

Thank you!
So before I was just doing export: audio to OMFs...

Following your suggestions:

I just tried, export: for soundtrack
but it doesn't let me check audio only, and there is no OMFs option

then I tried send to: Soundtrack Pro audio file project

This only happens when the audio files are selected in the timeline..otherwise i don't have the option. But then stp opens up and where are the OMFs? i just see the window with wav file and even the video...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 3, 2012 at 8:02:17 pm

When you export to Soundtrack, OMF is no longer part of the process. When using it, you don't have to worry about OMF's.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]