FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP won't recognize DV/Firewire. Can't log and transfer.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Anderson
FCP won't recognize DV/Firewire. Can't log and transfer.
on Sep 30, 2012 at 2:12:09 am

My FCP no longer recognizes my miniDV deck or any camera to log and capture my footage. I'm not sure what happened. When I open the log and capture window, it says I'm not connected. I've changed cables and cameras to no avail. My miniDV deck was always connected, but recently FCP doesn't see it. There is a sound device connected through a firewire port on the back and I tried to plug the firewire line into another device to log and capture, I would plug my firewire line in to an empty firewire slot on the computer and it would wreck my sound so it was distorted. I have rebooted my computer which fixes the sound, but FCP still does not recognize input for capturing footage anymore. I can't imagine that I would need to shut my computer down in order to plug in my firewire to capture data, but it's possible.

I tried to look through the postings to find a solution and the only one I found was to trash my preferences, but that didn't work.
I'm running an old system. I know I need to update, just been busy with other projects.
FCP 6.06
Mac OS X version 10.4.11
Memory 16 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
2 x 2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon

Thanks for your help in advance!

Return to posts index

Alexander Kallas
Re: FCP won't recognize DV/Firewire. Can't log and transfer.
on Sep 30, 2012 at 12:28:39 pm

Did you do all the prefs? read this:-
http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/trashing_fcp_prefs.html
Failing this, get a license for "DiskWarrior" and fix your directories.

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

George Anderson
on Oct 5, 2012 at 7:54:16 am

Thanks! I tried to trash my preferences once. But that didn't seem to do anything. I followed those exact instructions and it still would not recognize the camera or the miniDV deck.
What is DIsk Warrior?

Return to posts index

Alexander Kallas
on Oct 5, 2012 at 8:51:49 am

[George Anderson] "What is DIsk Warrior?
"

Repair software on a disc that will boot your Mac, it will repair your directories.
Also you should repair permissions.

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]