FORUMS: list search recent posts

"General Error Message" and HDV clips don't open in FCP7 and finder

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mabel Valdiviezo
"General Error Message" and HDV clips don't open in FCP7 and finder
on Sep 29, 2012 at 4:20:55 am

I have a dilemma.

My FCP7 timeline is giving me a "General Error" message every time I want to render the timeline.
Now, I have just been able to partially render the timeline but there is a section that won't render.

I followed some of Larry Jordan's instructions.

I was able to figure out that my HDV clips in the sequence may be reason even though they have played fine before.
If I try to open them in the viewer, the clips show up as a white color with no content.
If I try to Control+click and choose "Open in Finder" or "Open in Editor" I get an error message that the clip can't be opened.

When I try to open these same HDV clips at the finder level, I get the same error message saying the clip can't be opened.
(I am opening them with Quicktime 7 since that is what has played these clips in the past. I also have Quicktime X installed.)
The clips have played before without problem after I installed Quicktime 7 a while ago.

Any thoughts?
I am really hoping those clips aren't corrupted.
I believe I may have installed a few updates to the system but I can't remember which ones. I think one update was a component for Quicktime. Would you know if any particular update can cause problems to HDV clips?

My sequence has multiformat clips, some HDV, some HD Prores 1080p
The sequence render setting is set to Prores HQ and that has been fine until now.

My system is OSX 10.6.8, 2x2.8 GHZ Quad-Core Intel Xeon.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Mabel Valdiviezo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved