FORUMS: list search recent posts

problem with capturing video from beta

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eugen cela
problem with capturing video from beta
on Sep 28, 2012 at 1:20:21 pm

I have a problem with the white levels while I capture from the player beta.
I use Final Cut 7 which is connected to the beta through Black magic Decklink HD Extreme. In the broadcast monitor (old Sony trinitron) I see a correct level of white but when I acquire the white level goes very up in illegals value and I lose a lot of detail.
I tried to lower the video level (calibrated analog video) on Blackmagic settings. The result improves a bit but I do not have the level of detail that I see on the monitor broadcasts before the acquisition.
I hope someone can help me. thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: problem with capturing video from beta
on Sep 28, 2012 at 6:08:40 pm

Check the scopes in the Log and Capture window to set the playback from the betacam machine up. There are controls on most beta machines to change levels of playback... you need to adjust those on the machine itself. Will be the same 4 adjustments you find on a TV set. Set your bars up that way from the source tapes or use the pictures shot to set these levels up properly, and they will come in at the levels you've set using the scopes in the log and capture window.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

eugen cela
Re: problem with capturing video from beta
on Oct 2, 2012 at 10:38:06 am

Thanks mr.Jerry
I solved the problem. The settings was set to automatic and now I have adjusted watching on the scope.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]