FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Canvas is much too dark (compared to original and render)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Jones
FCP Canvas is much too dark (compared to original and render)
on Sep 27, 2012 at 10:25:12 pm

Hi, this is driving me crazy. The FCP canvas window (the preview window in the upper right) is far too dark compared to the final render or even the original as seen in the viewer window, even with no processing of any kind applied using ProResLT codec for source (1920x1080 HD). Actually does it with all source material.

I believe that I have all quality settings on high set to give me a nice and accurate preview in the canvas window, but it does not matter- the canvas is too dark. No difference if Safe or unlimited RT with video playback on 'high' in the timeline and everything rendered fully.

As usual I am probably missing something basic. Suggestions?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: FCP Canvas is much too dark (compared to original and render)
on Sep 27, 2012 at 11:33:44 pm

What OS? From Snow Leopard onwards it was possible to have FCP display either 2.2 gamma or 1.8.

Return to posts index

John Jones
on Sep 28, 2012 at 3:41:26 pm

Thanks. Is 10.6.8 snow lep. In settings I have gama correction set to 'accurate' but other than this don't know how to adjust the canvas gamma.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 29, 2012 at 3:55:57 pm

In QT.7 player Preferences, check "Allow Final Cut Studio color compatibility". That will make QT Player correct for Gamma 2.2 and will look as dark as FC's canvas.
The problem is that the gamma correction is applied twice: Once by MacOsX and again by the Player/Canvas.
As everything will look too dark, you may want to change the Screen gamma (Screen preferences) to 1.8.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]