FORUMS: list search recent posts

Viewer Resizing Synced Video? & DSLR Workflow Recommendation

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Sullivan
Viewer Resizing Synced Video? & DSLR Workflow Recommendation
on Sep 27, 2012 at 1:14:17 pm

Apologize if this is already in the forum but I have yet to find an answer.

ISSUE: I sync external audio recorded on Tascam Dr-40 to a clip recorded on Canon t2i that has been converted to Apple Pro Res (HQ) 1920 x 1080 unscaled. Once the clip is synced in a sequence, I delete the audio recorded with the video track. Link the remaining audio to the video and drag the clip from the timeline to a new bin labeled "Synced Clips." However, when I load that clip into the viewer the video is squeezed.

I have read on the forums that it probably has something to do with the sequence settings being off? Originally, I think the sequences were set at Apple Pro Res non-HQ. I was going to restart the project but wanted to post the question incase it is something simple I am missing.

Apple FCP Ver. 7.0
MacBook Pro 10.7.4
2.4z Intel Core 7i

UPDATE: Could it be caused by the fact that I deleted the original audio with the clip?

Thanks,
Jake

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Viewer Resizing Synced Video? & DSLR Workflow Recommendation
on Sep 27, 2012 at 3:03:39 pm

It sounds like the video really isn't 1920x1080, but rather 1440x1080. It's pretty common for cameras to shoot at that resolution. You can double-check the clips in question in the browser for their actual dimensions, and if the Anamorphic field isn't checked, you can change it and things should be good.

Return to posts index

Jake Sullivan
on Sep 27, 2012 at 3:40:55 pm

I checked that but it is 1920x1080. I did go back and resync a clip with the external audio but DID NOT delete the audio that was recorded with the camera. Then put it in the same sub-folder and popped it in the timeline. And it did not squeeze the video like before. So I can mute the audio associated with the clip as a workaround but if anyone has any other suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jake

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Sep 27, 2012 at 3:57:38 pm

[Jake Sullivan] "if anyone has any other suggestions I would appreciate it. "

Check to make sure your media does match the sequence settings. If you are unsure as to how to do that, create a new sequence and drop one of your clips onto it and accept the automatic sequence update that FCP will offer. Review those settings and reconcile them with your master timeline if need be. Also check the Motion tab settings for scaling and distortion.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Jake Sullivan
on Sep 27, 2012 at 4:31:34 pm

I think that must have been the problem. And then somewhere along the way I switched them but it kept replicating the problem. I started fresh, made sure my sequences were right and it doesn't seem to be doing it - even when I removed the camera audio track.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]