FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting 50fps progressive footage to fluent 25fps interlaced video, how?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Janssen
Converting 50fps progressive footage to fluent 25fps interlaced video, how?
on Sep 27, 2012 at 11:19:09 am

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out a way to convert 50fps progressive footage to 25fps interlaced footage, but still have it keep the same fluent motion. I'm thinking this would mean something along the lines of converting each frame of the 50fps progressive video into a separate interlaced field (lower, upper, lower, upper... and so on) which should make a fluent 25fps interlaced video.

I tried converting with MPEG Streamclip, but it would just half the amount of frames, which means I'm losing the fluent motion interpolation that I'd like to keep in my 25fps interlaced project... I'm wondering, is there a way to pull this off without losing the interpolation?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Converting 50fps progressive footage to fluent 25fps interlaced video, how?
on Sep 27, 2012 at 2:31:26 pm

I think all you can do is edit your progressive footage into a 1080i.50 sequence. However you will not see "interlacing" in this instance its still an interlaced signal.

Since interlaced footage is made up of two fields a 50/sec apart there is a temporal difference between the fields which is often what you see when viewing on a progressive screen. (jagged horizontal lines)

In putting your material into a 1080i/50 timeline each field is still there but they carry identical information since there was no temporal shift during recording.

This should not be an issue technically, just think of all the 1000s of film movies shown on good old interlaced CRT TVs - worked fine.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Converting 50fps progressive footage to fluent 25fps interlaced video, how?
on Sep 27, 2012 at 4:43:20 pm

The only plugin that supposedly is able to re-interlace footage is ReVision Fieldskit.
I haven't tried this operation.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]