FORUMS: list search recent posts

bad playback in FCP 7 in mountain lion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pedro ballesteros
bad playback in FCP 7 in mountain lion
on Sep 27, 2012 at 11:14:05 am

I´ve experienced a malfunction when playing video in FCP 7.0.3 in a 2012 macbookpro 15" 2.7, 8 RAM, 7200 rpm harddrive NVIDEA GeForce GT 650M card.Mountain lion OS. When playing moving scenes (specially panos) scratches appear in the image. It´s not a deinterlace issue. It looks more like a videocard problem.

Anyone experienced the same? Apple FCP support service says they only care about FCPX in mountain lion, not FCP7

Thank you

Return to posts index

Ryan Rigley
Re: bad playback in FCP 7 in mountain lion
on Feb 12, 2013 at 7:43:48 pm

I'm having the same problem, It happens on both my iMac (specs below) and my new Macbook Pro (specs below). The issue seems to occur mostly on fade ins and outs over black, and cuts to and from black. (although i have seen it on normal picture cuts as well) the playback seems to shutter in the viewer, giving me an uneven picture. the quicktime plays back fine after being exported and replayed in quicktime player or Quick Look, so the problem is only with FCP real time playback. Also, the problem occurs whether or not the sequence is rendered. Is there anyone out there with an answer to this problem?

iMac Specs:
10.8.2 ML
27 inch
3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB DDR3 Ram
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB

Macbook Specs:
10.8.2 ML
2.3GHz Quad-core Intel i7
1 GB GT 650M

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>