FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM EX To HDV in FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean Longfield
XDCAM EX To HDV in FCP 7
on Sep 26, 2012 at 8:58:11 pm

I have a client who needs his footage in the HDV format on tape.
I shot the footage in XDCAM EX 1080 60i as per his request, but can't seem to convert it to HDV. I can't get the Video Playback (in the audio video settings) to switch to HDV 1440 x 1080 60i. It's not able to be clicked, (you can see it in a faded text but can't click on it). I know I've done this before and even have an Easy Set Up stored for it but it's not working. The deck is a Sony M15U. Any help is appreciated, as I need to deliver this footage ASAP

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: XDCAM EX To HDV in FCP 7
on Sep 26, 2012 at 11:26:02 pm

You need to make an HDV sequence, drop in the XDCAM footage, and then render it. THEN export it.

Oy...one GOP format to another. You would be better playing out from the camera directly to the deck via HDMI or SDI. Converting it via software, in FCP...can't be good.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dean Longfield
Re: XDCAM EX To HDV in FCP 7
on Sep 30, 2012 at 9:15:40 pm

I originally did put some HDV footage (10 secs of black) into the timeline to convert the timeline sequence to HDV and then dropped in the XDCAM footage and it did convert to HDV. However the VideoPlayback does not convert to HDV so I can't record out to HDV tape, (using the Sony HVR-M15 deck).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]