FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple artboards in Illustrator

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Eells
Multiple artboards in Illustrator
on Sep 26, 2012 at 5:13:07 pm

Can anyone tell me why I end up with multiple artboards in Illustrator when I create a new document? This is causing me problems in FCP because if I import an Illustrator file with multiple artboards, FCP counts the artboards as frames. This means I end up with a 2-frame clip instead of a still graphic.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Multiple artboards in Illustrator
on Sep 27, 2012 at 3:09:08 pm

Are we talking multiple ARTBOARDS or multiple LAYERS?

If you mean multiple layers, the fix lies in Illustrator: put the two layers into a single layer.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David Eells
on Sep 27, 2012 at 3:38:05 pm

I mean artboards. Here's what I've learned. Any document that I create using the Video and Film profile, even if the Number of Artboards dropdown in the New Document dialog box is set to 1, the new document will have two artboards - the one I intended and another on that is 14400x14400 pixels.

This doesn't happen with any non-Video and Film preset.

What's odd is that when I looked at the Video and Film profile in the New Document folder in Application Support, that file has only one artboard.

I'm running Illustrator CS 5.1 on a MacPro running 10.6.8, but I also have the same problem on a MacBook Pro running CS5.1 under 10.6.8

The problem does not occur in Illustrator CS4.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 27, 2012 at 4:44:42 pm

I wonder if this is a 64-bit / 32-bit issue. If you use CS5, but backsave to a CS4 Illustrator document, does the same problem occur?

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David Eells
on Sep 27, 2012 at 5:10:50 pm

I don't know, but for the time being I'll either try to remember to delete the extraneous artboard, or just use the Basic RGB profile, which behaves normally.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]