FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone with experience editing ecamm recorder footage?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paula Zimmerman
Anyone with experience editing ecamm recorder footage?
on Sep 26, 2012 at 6:37:51 am

I'm thoroughly stumped here on what should be an extremely simple project. The client gave me a 30-minute ecamm recorder file of an interview and elements to compose an intro and outro animation. I created the bookend pieces in AE and imported them into FCP and attached them. The ecamm file is giving me terrible problems because it is natively 10fps and the audio is split with one voice on each channel. The only advice given on the ecamm recorder site is to convert to DV. If I do that, it gives only one choice of frame size-720 x 480 and the original is 1280 x 480. I converted the video as-is to h.264 at 29.97 in MPEG streamclip and the audio to aiff and I'm trying to export the full thing now. It's been going 8 hours and it says it has 29 hours to go. That sounds totally wrong, but I hesitate to stop it because I did a short test and it looked fine. Now I have an antsy client and it's taking valuable time from other projects. Do I throw in the towel or is there some way for this to work with a reasonable amount of machine time? I'm running FCP 6 on a dual-core G5 with no accelerator cards. I've done longer projects than this and it never crunches for this long. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Anyone with experience editing ecamm recorder footage?
on Sep 26, 2012 at 8:54:40 am

How do your customer intends to deliver the final video, web video DVd,..?
[Paula Zimmerman] " I converted the video as-is to h.264 at 29.97 in MPEG streamclip and the audio to aiff and I'm trying to export the full thing now."
Don't convert to H264. h264 is not supported by FC.
Convert to Prores. Audio 48Khz 16b.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]