FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with LINKING audio and video files in FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nina Tenny
Problems with LINKING audio and video files in FCP7
on Sep 25, 2012 at 10:16:35 pm

Hi there! I have a question about something that I think might be corrupting my sequences, but I'm not certain. I'd love any advice or insight anyone has on this matter.

Some background: the video files I'm working with are Canon DSLR files converted to Apple Pro Res 422. The audio files are recorded separately, and are 48khz 16bit. I'm working with long sequences of selects, where the audio and video clips have been linked (command+L) in the sequence prior to my receiving the project.

Some problems we're having: audio waveforms are occasionally corrupted (they are not playing what they're displaying -- a few frames to a few seconds off -- both in the viewer and the sequence.) Audio occasionally drops out in sequence, inexplicably softer, only remedied when I bring the source clip back into Final Cut and onto the sequence.

So I usually don't link audio and video because it annoys me that I can't easily pull up the source/master clip of audio after it's linked to video, and also that FCP 7 changes the name of the audio, so I'm usually just conscientious about moving synched elements together. But I'm wondering if now linking may be causing problems and corruptions for my project.

Has anyone experienced these problems due to linking audio and video files? Has anyone experienced worse problems from linking? Is this something I should correct in my project?

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Problems with LINKING audio and video files in FCP7
on Sep 26, 2012 at 2:24:57 am

Save yourself time. Look into PluralEyes.
http://www.singularsoftware.com/pluraleyes.html

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Nina Tenny
Re: Problems with LINKING audio and video files in FCP7
on Sep 26, 2012 at 2:21:09 pm

Yes I'm familiar with pluraleyes. My question has to do with linking audio and video after they've been synced, and if this causes anyone else corruptions in the files like the problems I've been experiencing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]