FORUMS: list search recent posts

compositing and overlay: loss of images

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
yvan gonthier
compositing and overlay: loss of images
on Sep 25, 2012 at 3:14:40 pm

Hi all,

First, want to say how this forum is great. I've been through the different sections, it's huge, so helpful.

I've been using the 5D mark III for almost 2 months now, and I've been through a lot of tests and trials. A week ago I started using the compositing mode: overlay.

There is one thing that I can't figure out. In FCP, when I go image per image on the original file, everything's normal. With the overlay, one image each 2 !! is kind of missing (is simply the same during two frames).

On one clip, I did put an overlay on half of it. Once exported, I could not see a significative difference of fludity between the two half.

When I put that clip back on fcp, the difference between the two half, frames per frames, is there again. Eache frame, there is a copy of it.

Is it just inside FCP, because of the two layer of video exactly the same, and the export kinda merge everything right, or do I have to use some special filter?

I worked on a music video, and I have the feeling that the fluidity is reduced because of that technique.

I hope it is not confused.

I work with a macbook pro.
Edit in fcp7
Import through log and transfer, apple proress 422HQ.

Thanks for your time

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved