FORUMS: list search recent posts

Experience with Retina MacBook Pro?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Cervenca
Experience with Retina MacBook Pro?
on Sep 24, 2012 at 7:53:22 pm

I'm posting here because i need some advice on weather a MacBook Pro Retina would be a good Machine for heavy video editing and after effects.
I haven't really found anything useful on the net regarding this topic so I'm hoping that someone with a RMBP could give me advice.

Currently I'm torn between the base model of the RMBP with 16GB of RAM or the MBP with 2.6 Ghz. The reason that I'm asking is because i'm a little afraid that the graphics-card of the RMBP has already to much to do driving the display and therefore hasn't got as much resources left for use in FCP or AE. Some videos even show the lag there is when scrolling in safari.

The RMBP + 16GB Ram would be 2.479€
The MBP with 2.6GHz + matte screen + 16GB Ram from Corsair + Corsair Force GT SSD would be 2.667€

It's kind off weird to be paying more for an older Model but if the benefit in performance is big i would go for it.
As an video editor i don't really care about the Retina-screen and i don't mind that the older MBP is heavier. All I'm going for is raw performance.

So can anyone help me out on this decision?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]