FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final cut color balance key framing - Marker rotating around the center, giving a pink hue.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Teagan Bartholomew
Final cut color balance key framing - Marker rotating around the center, giving a pink hue.
on Sep 22, 2012 at 7:23:07 am

Hi,

I'm currently editing a music video that uses a single shot, but it progresses through many different scenes and lighting conditions. What I'm doing is keyframing the different color correction so they transition as the camera pans across.

The problem i'm having is that during the transition from one correction to the next, the marker rises up into the pink area. This gives the transition an awkward and unwanted pink/red hue before it settles down into what I want.

An example is one scene I keyframe a warm yellow and as it transitions into the next scene I keyframe into a cool blue. But during the transition, the marker rotates around the middle of the correcter and goes up into the pink area instead of just simple going from Point A to Point B.

I'm sure it's just a setting I've click as it was working fine before.

I'm using the Color Corrector 3-Way
Final Cut 7
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4

I also apologise if this is a common question, but I have looked around and couldn't find any answer.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Final cut color balance key framing - Marker rotating around the center, giving a pink hue.
on Sep 22, 2012 at 1:52:54 pm

Add more keyframes in the middle that give more control of the trajectory of the color corrector.

Cut the clip in two, correct each side of the cut and try a long dissolve between the two, and adjust as necessary.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]