FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut 7 and Matrox MX02 mini - can't get external viewing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Duthaler
Final Cut 7 and Matrox MX02 mini - can't get external viewing
on Sep 21, 2012 at 3:46:49 pm

I am unable to get any external viewing on my monitor with Final Cut Pro and the MXO2 mini. I see the settings for all the sources there (including the matrox ones) but when I go to the "all frames" settings on the external view I get this error: The specified hardware could not be found, check your camera connection.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Final Cut 7 and Matrox MX02 mini - can't get external viewing
on Sep 21, 2012 at 5:30:52 pm

Make sure the settings in the Matrox control panel match those of your sequence's and source clips.

Then choose the matching setting in the video and audio output selections in the bottom of the View menu.

Then turning on external viewing should work OK.

If your box isn't connected, you'll get that message too... so check that for sure. Also in the control panel, it will report it doesn't see a box if the connection isn't right.

There is an uninstaller for the Matrox software in your apps folder, try uninstallng and then reinstalling the proper drivers for your OS and version of FCP. And give it all another go.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Oliver Sitompul
on Oct 17, 2012 at 11:32:29 am

Did you fixed this problem? I'm having the same problem with my mxo mini

Return to posts index

Bob Duthaler
on Oct 17, 2012 at 2:58:06 pm

Noi we have not. I here there may be some new drivers out in November that may help, but nothing now.

Return to posts index

Oliver Sitompul
on Oct 17, 2012 at 3:51:20 pm

I just received a reply from a tech guy @matrox:

We have some hardware changes on a latest production of the MXO2 boards whereby old drivers cannot be installed.
The solution will be upgrading the OS X to Snow Leopard version 10.6.8 and installing MXO2 driver version 2.5.0.0034. Officially 2.5.0.0034 driver is comparable with OS X Lion 10.7 however, works perfectly fine with Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and is the latest driver that supports FCP 7.0.3.

Perhaps we have similar problem..? My mbp came with leopard and haven't had any issues, until now..guess i'll need to upgrade in order to use the mini.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]