FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unspecified Path After Using Auto Duck

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Hirshon
Unspecified Path After Using Auto Duck
on Sep 21, 2012 at 10:37:29 am

I'm taking over a project for another editor who was working on Avid and is now away on vacation. I imported the project through Auto Duck into FCP 7, but when I tried reconnecting the media, it said the path was unspecified. I pressed the search button and nothing happened.

I was able to manually locate/reconnect one of the clips by searching through folders, but unfortunately don't have the time to manually reconnect all of the video and audio files for this project. Is there something I can do to make the path specified for all or most of the clips at once?

Also, when I imported via Auto Duck I did not receive any error messages about the frame rate, etc. It seemed as if all the properties were imported correctly, but when I manually reconnected the one video clip, an error message popped up explaining that "some of the attributes of this file do not match the attributes of the original. The attributes the differed are Media Start and End, Reel, Rate." What are the other steps I need to take to prevent this?

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Unspecified Path After Using Auto Duck
on Sep 21, 2012 at 4:51:25 pm

This editor that is on vacation...will they be coming back to finish up the edit? Because if so, that means that they will be back on the Avid, and how will you get your cut back to them?

The Duck should have made one folder with QT reference files that reference all the MXF files. They should all be in one location.

Any reason not to download the Avid Media Composer free 30 day trial and just use Avid to edit while the other editor is away?

Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dan Hirshon
Re: Unspecified Path After Using Auto Duck
on Sep 21, 2012 at 5:41:08 pm

Hey Shane, thanks for your help.

Downloading the Media Composer trial right now. I haven't used Avid before, but have wanted to learn and the changes I need to make on the project aren't too demanding so... thanks for the suggestion.

I believe the previous editor is finished with this project and will be on vacation long after the director wants to release so can't wait for him to come back.

Again, I'll try Avid, but in case I can't do that in the future I just wanted to figure out what you meant by the QT folder.

I see a folder in the project's harddrive called "Avid MediaFiles" and within that "MXF" and within that "1" and "2." Is this the folder you mean? There are MXF files in those folders, but when I try and reconnect to them all the files are grey and unable to reconnect.

There is also a folder of QT files, but that has already been organized by the previous editor into a bunch of different folders and subfolders, rather than in just one location.

Also, even when I do reconnect the files I get that error message I mentioned before. Is there a way to avoid that?

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved