FORUMS: list search recent posts

Out of memory Error on output

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ned Weisman
Out of memory Error on output
on Sep 20, 2012 at 6:37:25 am

I have a 5:32 minute pro res 422 timeline that I cannot output. It is completeluy rendered. When I try to output a simple quicktime (same as timeline) output I get the dredded out of memory error. I have lots and lots of all kinds of memory but obviously not the kind I need to output this timeline. Any Suggestioins??????

Return to posts index

Thomas Morter-Laing
Re: Out of memory Error on output
on Sep 20, 2012 at 8:12:03 am

Ah that old badger- do you any lots of images on your timeline? Tiffs especially seem to do it for me. If you do, Cope the sequence and delete the images, then try an export to see if one of those is giving you grief.

Tom Morter-Laing
Twitter- @TomTheEditor
iMac 27" intel i7 3.4GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI HD 6970M [2GB GDDR5], 2x G-Tech G-RAID (0) 2TB over Thunderbolt via Sonnet Echo ExpressCard/34 Thunderbolt adapter and Tempo™ SATA ExpressCard/34. Elgato Turbo H264HD.

Return to posts index

Ned Weisman
on Sep 20, 2012 at 5:48:43 pm

No tiffs in timeline. I have also been down this road before. Everything is ProRes. The stills are Jpegs. I finally got it to export after bringing down the still cache to almost zero. You think Imovie X, I mean FC X would have this problem???

Return to posts index

Gabriel Laguer
on Sep 21, 2012 at 5:20:23 pm

Try Exporting the sequence in chunks, then reassembling all of the clips into a new timeline. That works for our hour Program in FCP 7, Pro Res 422.

Return to posts index

Carl Bidleman
on Nov 16, 2012 at 2:03:36 am

Same problem, same solution. I brought the still cache setting down to 1 and the sequence exported correctly. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]