FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP MAC Power Mac G5

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Haefner
FCP MAC Power Mac G5
on Sep 19, 2012 at 9:33:28 pm

I just inherited a Power Mac G5 tower, after an hour or something I did? the startup disk with Mac OS X 10.4.11 stopped working as a Startup disk

The 2nd disk now the Primary Startup drive works, running 10.3.9

Plot thickens, web browser refuses to stay online, all of the applications on this drive are much older

1) I see the other drive that has all of the more current applications, the drive appears to be fine but will not launch anything

I am just completely stumped and if I put any money into this tower besides of course more RAM or i guess an OS Startup disk it will defeat the whole purpose of getting this tower no $$$

Goal to Run/use FCP ingest HD footage, Use all applications but they are all on the drive that refuses now to be the start up drive

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP MAC Power Mac G5
on Sep 20, 2012 at 12:18:31 am

Good luck with that. That machine is VERY old. It can't do ProRes capture..nor ProRes conversion of newer HD cameras. The best it can do is DVCPRO HD or Uncompressed HD...although for uncompressed, you need FAST drives.

It is very outdated. Won't work with newer tech without arm twisting on a major scale. And even then, it will take days to convert.

Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved