FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 16bit Audio / 32 bit floating point ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Violette
FCP 16bit Audio / 32 bit floating point ?
on Sep 19, 2012 at 1:42:45 am

Hello all,

I am building a final cut project / syncing camera audio with the audio from our recordist. I normally convert the audio to 16 bit 48.khz, so that when I pluraleyes it, it syncs properly with the camera 16bit audio. I also change the sequence audio settings to 16.

This time around, when I go to multiclip, or just sometimes even if I do not, I see that my sequences show up as "32 bit floating point" in the "Aud Format" column of my browser.

I then see that the clip shows up with the green rt rending bar, as if not fully already rendered.

The only thing I can think of is that I used compressor to convert the audio to 16 bit rather than quicktime 7, because it was a large amount and I wanted to a batch. When I inspect the audio, it shows to be 16bit 48.khz as it should.

Any suggestions as to what causes this and/or if I am headed into trouble?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: FCP 16bit Audio / 32 bit floating point ?
on Sep 19, 2012 at 2:48:59 am

There may be something weird about the audio settings like big or little endian. FCP only works with 16 or 24 bit pcm audio so the render bar is unexpected. Check that the FCP sequence is 48khz.

32 bit float is normal for the sequence setting as the mix engine works best using 32 bit float. People get confused as FCP cannot use 32 bit float files properly but this is the correct sequence default.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]