FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProRes 422 Footage imported at 47.96 Frame rate.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Tundis
ProRes 422 Footage imported at 47.96 Frame rate.
on Sep 18, 2012 at 5:46:35 pm

I have a large project for a client that requires to have me editing on final cut six. FCP6 was having issues reading the AVCHD codec recorded from the camera so I took the .MTS files and crunched them to ProRes 422 in Episode Pro. After completing this and importing the project into Final Cut, it doubled the frame rate of my clips to 47.96.

I have opened the files in question into both quicktime and After Effects, both showed a prores codec with a 23.976 frame rate. Soon after I ran a test clip threw Mpeg Stream Clip, prores and it came right out editable threw final cut.

So now I'm wondering if final cut has a setting i can turn on/off to make it recognize my footage at 23.976. Has anyone ever had this problem? I need to start editing ASAP and dont want to reencode my footage threw Mpeg.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Dan

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: ProRes 422 Footage imported at 47.96 Frame rate.
on Sep 18, 2012 at 6:57:55 pm

Use Cinema Tools to conform the clips to 24. I had to do this with screen capture footage I used SnapzPro for. I'd record 29.97, but it'd import into FCP as 10fps. The timecode track wasn't locked or somthing. Conforming it to the frame rate, 24, will lock it.

DUPLICATE a clip first, and conform that...just to test. If it works, then conform the rest.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Daniel Tundis
on Sep 18, 2012 at 8:27:50 pm

Thanks Shane!

I like this it seemed to have worked, but now it seems to have deleted my audio. What settings should I check out for this problem?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 18, 2012 at 9:52:27 pm

Deleted your audio? That shouldn't have happened. At all. I hope you duplicated your clip like I suggested. This is why...because something MIGHT happen.

Try CLIPWRAP2 for converting MTS files. It's designed specifically for AVCHD, and will convert it properly the first time.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]