FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remove unwanted article - AE or photoshop

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Stephens
Remove unwanted article - AE or photoshop
on Sep 15, 2012 at 7:54:51 pm

I have been trying to find a tutorial -either AE or Photoshop (CS5.5) - that covers how to remove the crowbar from this shot.
http://vimeo.com/49517082
I can work out how to do it when its in the clear but am struggling to get my head around the technique for when it is partly behind the guys legs
password = ABC123
Thanks
Steve

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Remove unwanted article - AE or photoshop
on Sep 16, 2012 at 6:57:03 pm

You'll want to use After Effect. This isn't a chore for FCP. It's not the proper tool for the job.

With an application like AE, you can either Rotobrush around that crowbar or the guy's legs, motion track the camera, then insert a duplicated bit of the background into the void, and it will move with the camera thanks to the track.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Steve Stephens
on Sep 16, 2012 at 7:04:21 pm

Hi Dave

Thank you

I was hoping to find a tutorial that covered doing something similar that would give me a head start.
I can find plenty that remove spots from peoples faces but have yet to come across one that is close to what I am trying to achieve

Best regards

Steve

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 16, 2012 at 8:07:45 pm

There may be some tutorials right here on the COW that demonstrate motion tracking and particularly the use of Rotobrush. Failing that, I know you'll find some on the Adobe Web site.

Rotobrush first became available with AE CS5. If you have something earlier than that, you obviously can't use it.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]