FORUMS: list search recent posts

Gamma Shift-ProResHQ-FCP7-Been Searching Forums For Hours

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Clements
Gamma Shift-ProResHQ-FCP7-Been Searching Forums For Hours
on Sep 15, 2012 at 11:32:30 am

Hi, Guys.

I've seen countless posts on here about this topic generally, but no one seems to have an answer, or the answers they have given have not helped me in my situation.

Here's my particular problem: My films were exported from Avid Symphony as uncompressed quicktimes. From what I've read, Avid works differently when exporting quicktimes and you can do it without gamma shifts, which I was able to do.

Because the files were too big to edit, I ran them through compressor - converting them to ProRes HQ. However, when I brought them into Final Cut Pro and exported them, they looked very washed out. Eventually, I brought one of the uncompressed quick times in and discovered I was able to switch the gamma in the item properties section to 2.20. This made the quicktime appear correct in FCP. When I went to perform the same trick with the edited Prores HQ footage, there simply was no choice in the item properties to change the gamma. Not sure why this is.

Someone recommended going into the advanced section in the sequence renderer and adjusting automatic gamma correction to "none". This did not work either.

Does anyone have a solution for getting the ProRes HQ files to come out of FCP looking correct? Many thanks.

-Scott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]