FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting MOV full HD 7hrs footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ican DoVideo
Exporting MOV full HD 7hrs footage
on Sep 15, 2012 at 11:27:52 am

Hi folks...

i have a usb3.0 hard disk with 7hrs of footage FULL HD in mov format ( PIX 240 sound devices was used to capture this footage during the event ). These 7 hrs of footage contains many clips which are the ones that total 7hrs.

I will need to put it in on my fcp timeline and export it out in self contained mov. The reason why i need to do this is :

the client will be able to see the whole 7hrs footage seamlessly.

While i am typing this, my mac pro is actually exporting this 7hrs footage out. The estimated time to export this self contained mov is 8hrs.

Is there any other faster workaround to stitch these clips together at a faster rate while maintaining on its quality/resolution

:(

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: Exporting MOV full HD 7hrs footage
on Sep 15, 2012 at 2:00:09 pm

I usually find that an export to quicktime in same settings takes something more like a third of the running time. OTOH, that's using FW800 drives, so it might possibly be that the USB3 connection is an issue but that's only a guess as I haven't used USB3 for media yet.

You might find that stitching the files together with something like MPEG Streamclip might be quicker but again that's a bit of a guess until you actually do a test.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 15, 2012 at 5:49:05 pm

What codec is this "FULL HD" footage in? H.264? ProRes? How are you exporting? Quicktime Movie Self Contained, or Quicktime Conversion?

Sure, the drive is USB3, but does your computer have a USB3 port? The only Mac computers that do are the new MacBook Pros. All the rest have USB2...and that is slow.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ican DoVideo
on Sep 15, 2012 at 6:30:07 pm

Yes, am on apple pro res 422 1920x1080. Running a mac pro 2010 so it's a USB 2.0. Exporting as self contained

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 15, 2012 at 6:35:55 pm

8 hours for a 7 hour timeline. A tad long, but via USB2...sounds about right.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]