FORUMS: list search recent posts

Single shot distorts in timeline when I copy the timeline to a new sequence

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liam Upton
Single shot distorts in timeline when I copy the timeline to a new sequence
on Sep 14, 2012 at 12:52:56 am

I had a timeline that I wanted to make a new sequence for, so I copied the entire timeline into a new sequence, but the aspect ratio and/or resolution of one shot doesn't fit the sequence, so it's zoomed in too far, just that shot, the others are fine. I've tried adjusting the wireframe but it won't let me adjust just the horizontal or just the vertical, the size changes proportionatly, keeping the aspect ratio.

I've played with the settings by changing the resolution, but if I get it correct for that shot, every other shot has a huge black border around it.

Is there a way to fix that shot without having to re-cut the entire movie?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Single shot distorts in timeline when I copy the timeline to a new sequence
on Sep 14, 2012 at 5:03:49 am

[Liam Upton] "I had a timeline that I wanted to make a new sequence for, so I copied the entire timeline into a new sequence, but the aspect ratio and/or resolution of one shot doesn't fit the sequence, so it's zoomed in too far, just that shot, the others are fine"
Then both sequences have no the same settings (size, aspect ratio, pixels).

[Liam Upton] "I've tried adjusting the wireframe but it won't let me adjust just the horizontal or just the vertical, the size changes proportionatly, keeping the aspect ratio."
Then you are not using the distort tool.

Trash everything in the new sequence, and drag a clip from the Browser. When FC asks if you want to conform the sequence to the clip, say YES.
Then copy and paste the stuff from the first sequence to the new one.
If the picture do not fit on the canvas frame, select all the footage in the time-line and left click > Remove Attributes > Basic Motion + Distort .

Liam, all this is basic FC knowledge. You should spend a bit of time with the FC manual.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]