FORUMS: list search recent posts

Colored .PNG graphic/text files become jagged in FCP after import to timeline.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Taylor
Colored .PNG graphic/text files become jagged in FCP after import to timeline.
on Sep 13, 2012 at 10:37:47 am

Hello All

Afraid I couldn't find any answers to this anywhere else. It seems like a very specific problem. I am currently working on a trailer for a client that has text elements. I am working in PRO RES 422, 1920 x 1080, Square pixels. I have been making white text graphics with the same properties in .PNG format in Photoshop and importing in and all is fine.

I then wanted to add some color to text later on in the trailer. I have created graphics with exactly the same properties, in a kind of deep neon pink. When I bring these in, they look fine in the viewer. However, once added to the time line they become all aliased and jagged, on the non vertical/horizontal lines. I have attached an image to show you exactly what I mean.

Image here: 0_screenshot2012-09-13at11.32.17.png

This is not simply a preview issue either, as I have exported out a section with these coloured graphics as APPLE PRO ES 422 (HQ) and the problem remains on the export.

ANyone have any suggestions? It is puzzling that this doesn't happen to white graphic elements but only if they are colored. Truly stumped by this one.

Thanks in Advance

MATT TAYLOR

FCP STUDIO 7
PHOTOSHOP CS4
APPLE IMAC 3.1 GHZ INTEL CORE I5
16GB 1333 MHZ DDR3

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Colored .PNG graphic/text files become jagged in FCP after import to timeline.
on Sep 13, 2012 at 12:25:03 pm

Have you checked the Alpha channel (browser)?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Matthew Taylor
Re: Colored .PNG graphic/text files become jagged in FCP after import to timeline.
on Sep 17, 2012 at 7:20:31 pm

Hello Joe and Rafael

Sorry I didn't come back thank you for your help sooner. Unfortunately your advice still left me scratching my head. the alpha was set to straight and the image was not scaling up or down. I have however found a SOLUTION, if anyone else runs into this problem.

On your APPLE PRO RES 422 (HQ) export from COMPRESSOR, in the Video settings, if you tick the 'Enable Chroma Filtering for 4:4:4 sources' check box, this seems to display your colour correctly and with smooth edges on your final export.

Thanks again guys and sorry for the late reply. But I eventually found a solution. Hope it helps someone else along the way.

Regards

Matt Taylor

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
on Sep 13, 2012 at 1:44:50 pm

Check in the Motion tab in the viewer to see if it is Scaling the image up or down in size.

Bars & Tone
SALUTE!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]