FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Manager doesn't bring images for video masks in FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Knight
Media Manager doesn't bring images for video masks in FCP 7
on Sep 12, 2012 at 7:07:24 pm

Hi all,

The first time I tried to use Media Manager to move an 11 minute proRes sequence in FCP 7, it was a disaster.

Then I read here you need your default Sequence settings set to the exact same setting as the timeline you're trying to move, to make sure non time-coded audio files get moved.

I tried again and it ALMOST worked. A couple of sound effect files still didn't come across. (I'll check again to make sure they're in the original media folder for the project).

And NONE of the images for some of the video masks were included... .is there a way to ensure they come across automatically?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Media Manager doesn't bring images for video masks in FCP 7
on Sep 14, 2012 at 6:48:09 pm

Copy and paste the sequence to the new project file, reconnect the media to that after you've moved it.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Ben Knight
Re: Media Manager doesn't bring images for video masks in FCP 7
on May 1, 2013 at 6:44:36 pm

Thanks, Jerry. IN the end i manually added the mask file back in to the mask filter, but good to know for the future.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]