FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project out of sync once transferred to different computer!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Oxley
Project out of sync once transferred to different computer!!
on Sep 12, 2012 at 4:12:20 pm

In all my time with Final Cut Pro, I think this is the strangest problem I have encountered.

I am working on a project with a colleague who also has Final Cut Pro 7. I organise the footage on my computer, and he starts the edit on his. We have just copied over the entire project thus far onto his external drive and re-linked the media - but the video interviews now drift out of sync with the audio! And what's even weirder, is that when I put my harddrive back into my computer after copying it over, the same project that was perfectly synced is now also out of sync also! It's exactly the same project on exactly the same hard drive!

We have double checked out sequence settings, Easy Set-Up, etc, and we have matching frame rates (I am very aware of FCP's 'bug' of attributing a time code to imported audio) - 23.98fps, 48khz, 1980x1080, etc.

The project is now painfully out of sync on both our hard drives! Please help, I don't understand! (I have PluralEyes on my computer, so I can just re-sync (hopefully), but my colleague doesn't and he's doing the main edit.)

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Project out of sync once transferred to different computer!!
on Sep 12, 2012 at 5:27:03 pm

Are you editing H264 footage?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Andy Oxley
on Sep 13, 2012 at 8:50:49 am

Yes that's right.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 13, 2012 at 3:03:12 pm

Hi Andy,
Sorry to tell you, but this is the kind things that happens when you use an unsupported codec in Fc.
The fact that the files have no TC, make things worst.
rafalaos

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Andy Oxley
on Sep 13, 2012 at 3:42:24 pm

Hello Rafael
Perhaps I misunderstood your first question - we export in H.264 but the footage we are editing is Apple ProRes 422. Sorry if I gave the wrong answer. Does this change things? Thanks for the help so far... And what do you mean by an unsupported codec?

Return to posts index

Sugar Kane
on Nov 10, 2012 at 5:06:24 pm

hi
i have the SAME problem
did u fix this?
please help!
thanx

Return to posts index

Andy Oxley
on Nov 10, 2012 at 6:00:59 pm

I'm sorry to say no, I never found a solution! It is the most baffling thing ever, as all our settings were identical.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]