FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video's actual visual size small within quicktime video.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nikola Simikic
Video's actual visual size small within quicktime video.
on Sep 11, 2012 at 1:42:58 am

So I've been having problems using compressor to export my video. Before, my video looked squished, but I have since fixed that by choosing cropping to 16:9. In the process of figuring that all out I changed a bunch of my sequence settings, but I don't remember exactly what I changed. I changed them to what I thought they were supposed to be (for instance trying to change the frame rate to 24 which is what I filmed in because it was saying it was 29.97. But things keep getting changed back? And now the actual video is smaller than what the entire space the quicktime video takes up. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Nikola Simikic
photo
on Sep 11, 2012 at 1:45:01 am

Here is a screenshot

Return to posts index

Nikola Simikic
Re: Video's actual visual size small within quicktime video.
on Sep 11, 2012 at 2:08:22 am

OK, I think I figured out that when I worked on my project I did not have the frame size set correctly. It was supposed to me 1920x1080. But how do I fix this? It wont let me just change it, but when I start a new sequence it's fine. Sorry I'm a noob at Final Cut and I'm just learning my way around everything.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 11, 2012 at 11:59:00 am

Hi Nicola,
Select the footage in the time-line, and (Left-click) Remove Attribute > Basic Motion.
That will make the footage size 100%, hopefully filling the canvas (if footage and canvas have the same size/aspect ratio).
But this won't change time-base issues if you have changed that (frames per second0 in your sequence.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Nikola Simikic
on Sep 11, 2012 at 11:25:47 pm

Rafael,
Thanks so much! This finally fixed my problem, greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Nikola Simikic
on Sep 12, 2012 at 12:25:33 am

I'm actually left with one more problem now, see that square box that is in the middle of the video? Why is it there and how can I get rid of it?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 12, 2012 at 1:53:26 am

Curious.
Is obviously the shape of the clip before being re-scaled, but no idea why is over there without having a look to your sequence.
Delete the "Constant Frames" and trash the renders. Render again.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Nikola Simikic
on Sep 12, 2012 at 6:06:14 am

As it turns out, it was the film grain I added. For some reason the film grain didn't adjust size with it, so that was the box that was there, so I just deleted it all and added it again, and it was fine! Hopefully when everything renders and I export it everything will look fine. Thanks again for the help Rafael!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]