FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 jpeg and png

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Wall
FCP 7 jpeg and png
on Sep 10, 2012 at 10:08:59 pm

(1) I am editing in FCP 7 and have noticed that when I upload my Quicktime files to a server (ie Dropbox), there are faint horizontal streaks over the png image, which is included in the video as a closing card. Any idea what could be causing this? I am working with Apple Prores 422 (LT) 1920 x 1080, 23.98 fps, square.

(2) On that note, I understand that FCP does not like working with jpegs. I have been including jpegs in my videos and have not run into any problems so far. They have looked fine when converted to Quicktime and when uploaded to Dropbox... can I safely assume that this will be the case when the videos go onto a company website? Are there specific guidelines for what size jpegs are ok vs. those that are not? Same question for png files? Also, how do you know if FCP does not like working with a specific jpeg... do you have to render when this is the case? If FCP does not like the jpeg, what are your options for fixing the issue?

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Daniel Sametz
Re: FCP 7 jpeg and png
on Sep 10, 2012 at 11:02:53 pm

FC doesn't like jpgs bigger than 4000 x 4000 and with More than 72 dpi.
http://www.larryjordan.biz/technique-prepping-still-images-for-final-cut-pr...

Return to posts index

Jim Wall
on Sep 10, 2012 at 11:09:40 pm

Cool. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Daniel Sametz
on Sep 11, 2012 at 1:40:41 am

No problem. :)

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 11, 2012 at 1:42:14 pm

Have a look in the Browser and make sure than the PNGs have Field Order: NONE.
FCP likes to treat the PNGs as Interlaced.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Jim Wall
on Sep 11, 2012 at 6:49:28 pm

I checked and the png says "none" under Field Dominance. Thank you for the tip though!

I also tried pulling the file into Photoshop, using a custom setting at 1920x1080, 72 dpi. I still get the streaking when it goes up on Dropbox.

The images attached show how it looks with "horizontal streak" and with "no horizontal streak". Does anyone know why this might be happening? Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]